COVID-19 UPDATE FROM HAWES & CO.
The safety of our staff, landlords, tenants and contractors is our first priority, so we are monitoring Government advice on a daily basis, and will change our policy very quickly where required.
For the time being our property management department remains fully operational, and if it becomes necessary, we will be able to continue all functions from home.
However, given the current situation only EMERGENCIES (such as leaking pipes, boiler breakdowns, loss of power etc) will be dealt with by our contractors for the foreseeable.
We have taken this difficult decision to protect everyone, we very much hope you understand that these are unprecedented times.
To that end please also note the following advice –
- Avoid food, fats, and grease disposal via the kitchen sink.
- Excessive use of toilet paper.
- Any form of wet wipes or sanitary items must be placed in bins only.
- Maintaining bath or shower waste, by ensuring the regular removal of any build-up of hair etc.
- Clearing guttering and drains externally from any debris
- Clearing gardens and driveways of any leaves or rubbish
- Ensuring condensation is wiped off windows internally and rooms are ventilated regularly to eliminate any build-up of condensation
- Bathroom sanitary ware is cleaned regularly to avoid any mildew
- Kitchen surfaces are kept clear and food stored away in suitable containers
- Radiators are bled regularly and lightbulbs changed (consumables are a Tenant responsibility)
We endeavour to keep disruption to our landlords and tenants to a minimum but are informing everyone that there may be circumstances in which we are unable to facilitate access. If, for example, an occupant is self-isolating, or if Government policy changes.
Our contractors are regularly washing their hands, and have hand gel which they are using routinely. For all visits they will have shoe covers, and request a minimum amount of personal space for everyone’s well-being.
If you have requested an emergency call out, but are at all unwell, or have recently come into contact with a person displaying symptoms or returned from an infected area, for the safety of everyone, please do let us know.
We thank you very much for your understanding and continued support, it is truly appreciated.
All our best,
Hawes & Co.