Buy to let mortgages
If you’re buying a house to rent out and you want to take out a mortgage, you’ll need a buy-to-let mortgage.
For more information or to book a mortgage appointment with our partners, Embrace Financial Services, call 01392 453585 ^ or complete the form and they'll call you back to book an appointment.
What is a buy to let mortgage?
A buy to let mortgage is designed for those who want to buy property to rent out to a third party.
As with a residential mortgage you can choose between fixed, discount, and other mortgage types, however the key difference is working out how much you can borrow.
Buy to let mortgage lenders look at the likely rental income from the property as well as the applicant's annual income. Here are some good points to note when looking into a buy to let mortgage:
- Loan-to-value (LTV) is generally 60%-85% for buy to let mortgages.
- Your rental income will generally need to be around 125% of the monthly mortgage payments.
- You can expect a buy to let mortgage to be approximately 1%-2% more than a residential mortgage.
- Many landlords prefer a buy to let interest only mortgage. The lender will normally base affordability on the rental income which will generally need to be 125% more than the monthly payments.
- If you are planning to create a lettings portfolio – some lenders will place a cap on the number of properties it will mortgage.
Use our buy to let calculator to work out the required rental income that may be needed from your proposed buy to let property.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate most Buy-to-Let mortgages.
^ Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for training and/or data protection purposes.
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Embrace Financial Services usually charges a fee for mortgage advice. The amount of the fee will depend upon your circumstances and will be discussed and agreed with you at the earliest opportunity.
Reasons to choose Embrace Financial Services
They have access to 1000s of mortgage deals from 100s of lenders, including well known high street providers. These often include exclusive deals that cannot be accessed by going direct to the lender.
Advisers will conduct secure video or telephone appointments so you can get expert advice from the comfort and safety of your home.
Embrace Financial Services will listen to your needs and circumstances and recommend the best products for you.
They provide excellent communication and will stay in touch every step of the way. All documents can be shared safely and quickly electronically.
Buy to let calculator
Amanda was born and raised in Middlesex and lives in Hillingdon with her husband and daughter. Amanda enjoys various activities including going to the theatre, ballet and travelling.