As the name would suggest, property management is when a third party such as an estate agency manages your rental property on your behalf. What this management involves can depend on both the needs of the landlord and what the agency has to offer.
Here at Hawes & Co, we know every landlord has a different reason for letting a property and different needs from a letting agent. That’s why we provide a range of flexible landlord services to meet your needs.
Our three service options are Let Only, Rent Collection and Fully Managed. While they have overlapping services, the three have different fee levels and varying amounts of involvement from the property management team.
At the Let Only service level, the Property Management team is partly involved in the pre-tenancy process related to marketing and contracts, but takes a step back during the actual tenancy.
Services offered as part of this level include:
- Provide free valuation and suggest areas of improvement to maximise income
- Upload your property to our website and major property websites including Rightmove and Zoopla
- Arrange and accompany viewings
- Full tenant refencing checks
With Rent Collection the Property Management team is fully involved when finding a tenant and partially involved during the actual tenancy, but to a lesser extent than at the Fully Managed level.
As well as all of the services offered as part of Let Only, the Rent Collection level involves:
- Collecting rent on a monthly basis
- Rent arrears management
- Provide detailed HMRC compliant monthly statements
- Negotiate renewal at the end of fixed term and advise on annual rent increase
At the Fully Managed level and for a slightly higher fee the Property Management team is more involved in the letting process, especially during and at the end of a tenancy.
All of the services offered as part of Let Only and Rent Collect are included in Fully Managed, with the addition of things such as:
- Conduct annual property visits when required and provide detailed condition report
- Arrange and manage all repairs, maintenance and remedial and emergency work through our approved panel of contractors
- Right to Rent re-qualification check
- Arrange an end of tenancy inspection and negotiate any dilapidation issues